cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesWo
Frequent Visitor

Sending Reminders for Planner Tasks

I am trying to build an Automate flow to send reminder emails to Planner task assignees. I live in the gov't version of O365 so the built-in email reminder functions of Planner do not work. I've successfully got all the tasks filtered into an array and when I look at the output of the array, I see the assignee userID but I cannot figure out how to reference it (it's not listed as an available dynamic content).

This is the basics of the flow so far (I had a bunch more in there but have deleted it):

JamesWo_0-1637785134462.png

When I run the flow as is (ending when the array filter step is completed), I can look at the output and see the data I want:

JamesWo_1-1637785217700.png

So, I used that information to run the Get User Profile action and just hand jamming this in the UPN field: @items('Apply_to_each')?['_assignments']?['userId'], which it seems to like as it resolves to an object vice the text.

JamesWo_2-1637786083206.png

But when I test it, I get this error:

JamesWo_3-1637786132805.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JamesWo ,

Please try this:

vxiaochenmsft_0-1638178604928.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1638178616053.png

vxiaochenmsft_2-1638178627070.png

items('Apply_to_each')['_assignments']
items('Apply_to_each_2')['userId']

Best Regards,
Wearskky

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesWo
Frequent Visitor

It appears this template (Send reminder email for incomplete Planner tasks in a plan) might be helpful if someone can expand it all and post screenshots. I have very little templates in my tenant.

JamesWo
Frequent Visitor

After more digging and learning, I think the problem is that when I filter the task list into an array, it's putting the task assignments in an array for each task. I believe that error message is a result of the nested arrays. Still trying to figure out how to parse the information from the nested array.

JamesWo_0-1637796531804.png

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JamesWo ,

Please try this:

vxiaochenmsft_0-1638178604928.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1638178616053.png

vxiaochenmsft_2-1638178627070.png

items('Apply_to_each')['_assignments']
items('Apply_to_each_2')['userId']

Best Regards,
Wearskky

That worked perfectly! Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,135)