cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seamustl

Sending a SharePoint List attachment in an Email Dynamically in Flow

Hello,

I'm currently trying to build a flow that will accomplish the things below:

- Utilize a sharepoint list (and the attachments to these list items) to pull information

- set up an automated email who's body comes from a multi line text field in sharepoint

- set up same automated email to pull its attachment from that list line's attachment

Below I have the flow that I've created. The issue that I've repeatedly run into is that the flow will send but the .docx file in this case (but have tried with .pdf and others as well) will send but not come across as a file that is able to be opened.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
askondo
Microsoft
Microsoft

I created the flow in the same way and was able to open the attachment correctly. As far as your flow settiong is concerned, the attachment content entry appears to be set up correctly.Does the Attachments Name field contain the correct extension? For example, if you are attaching a pdf file, make sure that it is possible to open the file with a fixed value such as "test.pdf".

img1.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @seamustl  please see in outlook action see the link show advanced options 

attach.PNG

so as you see you can add the the file name with extension and the file content

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Oh I'm sorry. I meant to include that portion.

This below is what I have for that section. The "Calendar_File" is the name of the column from which I pull the file name I want in the attachment and that section is working. The part that is not working is the attachment content.

image.png

Please let me know if you know how to fix this.

Thanks!

Hi!

Does 'Calendar_file' dynamic content string already include .docx extension? if not, you will not be able to open the attachment

THe good news is, you can type .docx  just after Calendar_file' dynamic content that is currently assigned to 'Attachments Name -1'  input

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

askondo
Microsoft
Microsoft

I created the flow in the same way and was able to open the attachment correctly. As far as your flow settiong is concerned, the attachment content entry appears to be set up correctly.Does the Attachments Name field contain the correct extension? For example, if you are attaching a pdf file, make sure that it is possible to open the file with a fixed value such as "test.pdf".

img1.png

View solution in original post

Alternatively, try setting the following to make sure you can open the file correctly.

img1.png

hi @seamustl  as @efialttes  says please see if your calendar file has an extension file link .docx or .xlsx. Also @askondo  give you an excellent example 

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
seamustl

Thanks for all of your help!

I didn't think that you would need to include it as I thought it was just in reference to the attachment name's text, not it's extension as well. Would have marked multiple of your responses as the solution if I could have!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (37,461)