cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Sending a hyperlink never works

Hi all,

I'm really struggling to get something as simple as a hyperlink to send via the "Send an email (V2)" action from a SharePoint list.

Use case:

I create a new SharePoint item and type my message in the "Message" field (which is Multiple lines of text, RTE enabled). I then click "Add or edit hyperlink", copy the hyperlink in and type in the text to display - all good so far.

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (3).png

When I start the flow to send the email, I have the dynamic content "Message" field in HTML and the content of the message displays correctly, but the hyperlink always displays with [/sites/"the SharePoint site name"]"Name of the hyperlink". You cannot open or click the hyperlink which you'd expect.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Jack

Screenshot (6).png

The hyperlink always appears something like this.....

Screenshot (4).png

8 REPLIES 8
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@mccardj 

I just need to understand you correct the link is saved in your sharepoint list?

Can you share a screen shot for a sample item in your sharepoint list.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi, I don't save the link in my sharepoint list because I want the link to be embedded within the "Message" dynamic content in my email, e.g.

"Hi all, We had a good workshop today. Please find the link here to view the minutes. Thanks again"

In the above scenario, the "Message" field contents everything in quotations (basically the body of the email) and the hyperlink is contained within the body of the email.

Does that make sense?

The full flow is below.

Screenshot (8).png

@mccardj 

Can you try to append http:// or https:// to the URL as below:

Mira_Ghaly_0-1595499450450.png

I tried it and worked on my side 

Please mark as accepted solution if this helped you.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks for the suggestion but I had already tried that and it didn't work. I have just selected the "Switch to classic experience" button and selected "Edit source" to view the underlying HTML. What I discovered is that SharePoint strips the domain server as soon as I press OK to save the SharePoint item. When I go back to insert the domain server (e.g. https://mycompany.com) it strips it again. See image, it stripped the domain name and left "/:x:/r.... onwards"

Screenshot (9).png

Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@mccardj

In your shared screenshots why you are not using the Message in the Body, do you need to format the email? 

Yes the Message is in the Body and I do format the body with HTML but even if I don't the domain name always get stripped no matter what I do. 

Does it do the same on your end? 

@mccardj it worked fine at my side when I added http://

@mccardj

My other suggestion is to do  compose data operation with  replace expression to the part in url with your site name with '' and use the output in the body of the email. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (21,200)