Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ppl
Helper V
Helper V

Sending a reminder 3 days before due date

Hello.

Help me to build a flow which will send a reminder to Responsible, 3 days before due date.

I've tried this solution, but I have an error

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/reminder-before-the-due-date/m-p/334664#M36202

My formula is 

formatDateTime(item()['Due Date'],'yyyy-MM-dd')

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Условие' at line '1' and column '2787': 'The template language expression 'formatDateTime(item()['Due Date'],'yyyy-MM-dd')' cannot be evaluated because property 'Due Date' doesn't exist, available properties are '@odata.etag, ItemInternalId, ID, Title, Created, OData__Status, OData__Status#Id, Author, Author#Claims, Modified, Editor, Editor#Claims, Responsible, Responsible#Claims, Priority, Priority#Id, DepartementBudget, DepartementBudget#Id, {Identifier}, {IsFolder}, {Thumbnail}, {Link}, {Name}, {FilenameWithExtension}, {Path}, {FullPath}, {ContentType}, {ContentType}#Id, {HasAttachments}, {VersionNumber}'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ppl 

Try removing the expression and just reference Due Date from Dynamic properties.  I don't believe that the expression is necessary if the date column is configured for date only rather than date and time.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

Hi!

So it looks like the Sharepoint internal columns do not match with the column display name (Due Date).

Internal column names reported by the error message:

@odata.etag, ItemInternalId, ID, Title, Created, OData__Status, OData__Status#Id, Author, Author#Claims, Modified, Editor, Editor#Claims, Responsible, Responsible#Claims, Priority, Priority#Id, DepartementBudget, DepartementBudget#Id, {Identifier}, {IsFolder}, {Thumbnail}, {Link}, {Name}, {FilenameWithExtension}, {Path}, {FullPath}, {ContentType}, {ContentType}#Id, {HasAttachments}, {VersionNumber}'

Did you reuse standard 'Title' column and renamed it as 'Due Date'? When renaming Sharepoint columns, old name is kept as internal name

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

No, I am using standard SharePoint column 'Due Date'

ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@ppl 

Do you have a column called due date in your list?  The error message suggests that there is  no due date column.

Can you post a screen shot of your Flow?

Can you post a screen shot of your columns from list settings?

Scott

@ScottShearer 

Untitled.pngAnnotation 2020-04-26 152716.png

Yes I have.

Also I have tried to create new column DesiredDate. And there is the same error.

But if I use Created column in my flow it is working.

@ppl 

Try removing the expression and just reference Due Date from Dynamic properties.  I don't believe that the expression is necessary if the date column is configured for date only rather than date and time.

Scott

View solution in original post

Hi!
You are using 'Get items' and iterate all through its results by means of 'Apply to each', right?
My suggestion is to add a dummy 'Compose' action block inside your 'Apply to each', just before your Condition, and assign as its value the following expression:
item()

Reexecute the flow, inspect Compose outputs and and verify 'Due date' internal column name...
Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

So easy😀

It works, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (61,487)