cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Sending an Approval Request to specific people based on Microsoft Form Input

Hello all,

I am trying to implement an approval flow that will send an approval request to specific share owners. I have a form that asks the requestor for the share they need access to. For instance, if the requestor selects Finance in the form then Microsoft Flow will send an approval to the finance share owner. I thought about using a switch case but I would end up having a switch statement of almost 40.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rchhay,

If you want to avoid creating a lot of Switch case, you could consider saving the share owners and share one by one in the SharePoint list.

You could match the type of the Requestor input to match the owner's email saved in the list, and then send the Approval request.

Form configuration:

20.PNG

SharePoint list:   The shareowner here must be a person inside the organization, otherwise the approval is not able to send Approval request normally.

19.PNG

Flow configuration:

18.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rchhay,

If you want to avoid creating a lot of Switch case, you could consider saving the share owners and share one by one in the SharePoint list.

You could match the type of the Requestor input to match the owner's email saved in the list, and then send the Approval request.

Form configuration:

20.PNG

SharePoint list:   The shareowner here must be a person inside the organization, otherwise the approval is not able to send Approval request normally.

19.PNG

Flow configuration:

18.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (71,735)