cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrsJCosplay
Regular Visitor

Sending an Email in Flow based on x2 column status

Hello Everyone!

My name is Courtney and greetings from Australia 🙂 I  am in the process of making a membership form and I am a little bit stuck.

My PowerApp is a nice looking form for users to apply for a new membership. I have used variables to change the status through each step of the work flow. The PowerApp links to my main membership list in SharePoint. 

MrsJCosplay_2-1643001312065.png

I have successfully managed to write a flow where the user will receive an email once the membership is approved (equal to status of  "current" in my app).

This is where I get stuck;

I want to send a different email to the user when the membership status column is set to "current" AND the membership type column is set too  "academic staff".

This is the one I got working for just current:

MrsJCosplay_0-1643000950377.png

This is the one I wrote for "current" and "academic staff" but its not working, I receive no email. I do receive an email for the above one.

MrsJCosplay_1-1643000996049.png

These x2 are both in the same flow.

I hope this makes sense, I am very new to PowerApps/flow and a little n00b also 🙂

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Thank you,  Courtney

1 REPLY 1
takolota
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello Courtney,

First, what is the trigger for this flow?

If it’s something like a SharePoint- When a record is modified, then it’s going to send these emails whenever anything changes for these rows, as long as the status is what you specified. You may want to include an extra line in your conditionals with something like: 

And

Created is greater than addminutes(utcnow(), -5))

So you’re only sending this if the record was created in the last 5 minutes.

Next, you want to combine your conditionals, going from most restrictive to least restrictive.

So copy your ‘current’ conditional to your clipboard and add an action in the red false section of your ‘current’ and ‘academic stuff’ conditional. Go to the From clipboard tab and select the ‘current’ conditional you just copied to that false section.

That way if it matches your status & type condition it will send one email and if it matches only your status conditional, then it will send the other email.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,423)