cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Sending an email after modifying an existing file in SharePoint Online document library

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a work-around for sending out an email after modifying an existing file. I have heard that they removed "When an existing file is modified" trigger, and the replacement trigger, "When a file is created or modified,"  has been sending me duplicate emails in testing. I have a column in my SharePoint Online document library named 'share on date' and want that to be the only email that gets displayed once I modify that property. However, I will receive an email when I upload a file, and then after I modify the file as well which is really annoying. I probably have to work with conditions, but haven't found a solution for this problem.

This is a general layout of what I want to happen:

1. File is created - do nothing

2. Once the 'share on date' property has been modified - send one email via outlook with the modified date

This is my current problem:

1. File is created - sends an email without meta data from column property

2. Once the 'share on date' property has been modified - sends another email via outlook

Thanks in advance.

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Sending an email after modifying an existing file in SharePoint Online document library

Welp. Looks like the issue is that I had multiple "test" flows activated, which were sending me multiple emails. If you are new to flow like I am, make sure you turn off other flows that do the same function. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Sending an email after modifying an existing file in SharePoint Online document library

Welp. Looks like the issue is that I had multiple "test" flows activated, which were sending me multiple emails. If you are new to flow like I am, make sure you turn off other flows that do the same function. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,847)