Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KIBANG
Helper II
Helper II

Sending an email when a sharepoint list is created

Hello All,

I have created a meeting request form in sharepoint, and I am trying to set up a flow that will send the meeting organizer an email with the meeting information in the body. Several of the columns are choice, and I have been having trouble showing the selected choices. I initially tried to set it up using get items, select, and create HTML table with output in the body of the email. I have attached screenshot for reference. 

Meeting request email 777.png 

The problem is that when I set it up this way, the body of the email looks really weird. Another screenshot for reference.

Meeting request email 4.png

So I am thinking of another way, which is to do it with intializing string variables and appending. Another screenshot as an example, but this was for another flow that creates a calendar invite. I would use the same approach for the email generating flow.

Meeting request email 77.png

This way would require me to set up a string variable for each column, which I don't mind doing, but I am just wondering if there is a better way to tackle this. 

I am also going to set up a flow where if a user modifies their meeting request, it will generate a notification to our team with the revised meeting details. I am a relative newbie to all this, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KIBANG 

Thank you for posting.

According to your requirement, you would like to send meeting information as html table to channel but currently stuck due to weird output. If I misunderstood, please kindly let me know.

While going through your flow, it looks like no issue. I’m afraid the issue may be caused by data format in SPO list. Here is mine for your reference:

First, this is my SPO list:

v-duann-msft_0-1613723212915.png

Here is my flow similar to yours:

v-duann-msft_1-1613723212920.png

After running the flow, I’m able to get correct html table as you required.

v-duann-msft_2-1613723212923.png

v-duann-msft_3-1613723212925.png

For your secondary query, when somebody modify or create new record in this list, the html table will be sent to channel automatically. That’s simple as we just need to change trigger to ‘when an item is created or modified’ and configure flow like the previous one.

v-duann-msft_4-1613723212931.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Thanks

Anna

Hi Anna,

Thank you so much for your reply, and apologies for the delay in responding; I had some bigger 'fires' to put out first. I have done what you suggested, but when I run the flow and send output to post message in channel, it fails with bad request. When I send it to create an email, I am still getting the weird output, but I am wondering if that is because it gets nested into an "apply to each," which happens when I try to add in the meeting organizer's email address in to 'to' field. I am not sure how to separate it out so that does not happen.  

Hi @KIBANG 

Thank you for reply.

I double checked your flow, the weird output has nothing to do with ‘apply to each’ action. Please pay attention to the ‘select’ action. The correct selection should be like as below:

v-duann-msft_0-1614139531083.png

If you didn’t select according property, you would get that irregular output.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Anna

Hi Anna,

So when I tried to make the suggested changes, this is what happened.

Meeting request email 888.png

Hi @KIBANG 

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please follow my flow steps and reconfigure your flow? Mine works fine now and I didn't realize you have so many nested loops before. Sorry for that. ಠ_ಠ

Best regards,

Anna

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,323)