Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kevingeorget
Level 8

Sending an email with attachments using Flow

Hi Flow Users,

As mentioned in this post, i have attached documents to an email. But this approach throws error when the size of document(s) totals above 1-2 Mb. The error i get is as below-

Flow Error 2.PNG

The same flow works when the document sizes are small and don't cross 1-2 Mb.

Is there a way we can navigate through this issue.

What is the maximum size of an array variable that can be used in Flow.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay-Encodian
Level 10

Re: Sending an email with attachments using Flow

Hey @kevingeorget 

Note the following on the connector documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#sendemailv2

There is currently a limit of 4MB on the total size of each Graph API REST request, this limits the size of the attachment to under 4MB. Here is the link to Office Graph Api documentation.

The array variable won't be the issue, we regularly use array variables to merge documents working up to the 100MB limit... it's likely the total size of your message is exceeding 4MB... which you could check by downloading the total input to a TXT file and checking the size.

You could try compressing the attachments into a single ZIP file (https://blog.encodian.com/2019/10/new-flow-action-add-to-archive-zip/) or sending a link etc.

HTH

Jay

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jay-Encodian
Level 10

Hey @kevingeorget 

Note the following on the connector documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#sendemailv2

There is currently a limit of 4MB on the total size of each Graph API REST request, this limits the size of the attachment to under 4MB. Here is the link to Office Graph Api documentation.

The array variable won't be the issue, we regularly use array variables to merge documents working up to the 100MB limit... it's likely the total size of your message is exceeding 4MB... which you could check by downloading the total input to a TXT file and checking the size.

You could try compressing the attachments into a single ZIP file (https://blog.encodian.com/2019/10/new-flow-action-add-to-archive-zip/) or sending a link etc.

HTH

Jay

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

kevingeorget
Level 8

@Jay-Encodian Thanks for the reply Jay.

I assume the Microsoft Graph  link is applicable to the MS Flow connectors as well. Does that mean no matter which action i choose (Send an Email, Send an Email V2, etc...), this limitation is applicable?

Jay-Encodian
Level 10

@kevingeorget 

Yes unfortunately; the limitation is specific to the connector (well the graph API) and all the actions contained... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#actions 

I don't think 'Send an Email (v1)' used the graph and I've seen some online posts state the standard max Flow size (50MB which is now 100Mb) applied... but the action is deprecated and I can;t and I guess you won't either be able to see that action to validate.

HTH

Jay

kevingeorget
Level 8

@Jay-Encodian Apologies for calling you out again. I just tried sending out an email from Flow using the connector 'Send an Email'. This successfully sent out an email with attachments of size close to 10 MB. So i was wondering whether the limits are changed for different flow plans. I'm currently on a trial run of 'Per User Plan'. I'm yet to test this with a normal user in my tenant.

Jay-Encodian
Level 10

Hey @kevingeorget 

The V2+ actions use the graph API and according to the documentation the limit is specific to the graph API. As per my previous message the V1 action doesn’t suffer the same limitation, as it probably doesn’t use the graph api... the v1 action has been deprecated and I couldn’t actually see the action... but if you can see and it works, might be a good solution until the limitation is addressed in V2+

HTH

Jay

kevingeorget
Level 8

Cheers then!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,621)