cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending attachments through email with form

I have a form that creates a item on a SharePoint list for each response. I want respondee's to be able to attach files in their responses. Does anyone have any sufficient work-arounds?

SharePoint currently does not have this feature so what I am trying to do is...

1. Capture Form Response on Microsoft Forms and add as an item to a SharePoint list

2. Send email to respondee that their response has been received and give options to decide whether or not they have a related attachment.

3. Respondee sends attachment and response.

4. Send email to alert me that someone has submitted a response along with their attachments.

Does this sound feasible?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sending attachments through email with form

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to achieve your needs within a single flow?

Do you want to give options to decide whether or not the respondee has a related attachment within an outlook email?

Within Office 365 Outlook connector, we could use "Send email with options" action to give options to decide whether or not the respondee has a related attachment, but the respondee could not respond back with one option and their attachments. In other words, the respondee could only respond back with one option.

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently, if you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

More details about the "Send email with options" action of Outlook connector, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#Send_email_with_options

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sending attachments through email with form

I do want to do this within a single flow if possible. I did try using the "Send email with options," but you're correct - I ran to the same issue with not being able to send an option with an attachment.

I am hoping they put in this feature. When you start with the condition "When an email is sent to you..." and if it has attachments, you can manipulate that attachment, but if you don't start with that condition then it is not possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,013)