I have an excel with job assignments, deadlines and emails of people responsible for completing the task.
I'm having trouble creating a flow, that would:
-Every day scan the file for missed deadlines
-If any deadlines are missed, send an email to the person responsible, reminding that he has a task he needs to finish
I would really appreciate your help, I'm rather new to flow and this task has been killing me
Hi @Anonymous ,
Assuming that as and when task is completed it is marked complete in excel sheet as well, following are the steps you can use:
(Please note the list rows will work if you have formatted your data in excel sheet as table)
1. Create an instant flow from blank inside a solution
2. Use Recurrence as starting point. Set your timing for the flow to occur on daily basis at selected time.
3. Use excel online connector and List rows present in table action to pull records from excel sheet
4. Use Apply to each loop and select value from list rows present in table
5. Do your deadline date and completed column check and do processing accordingly.
Hi, @ManishJain ,
Thank you for your response.
I've already done everything you listed up until step 4.
I'm having trouble setting up email sending.
I can't make the 'Send an email (V2)' connector grab the email address from the table, in the row that its currently checking for past due dates. It only works if I write-in an email address by hand
Hi @Anonymous ,
Have you tried to click here to get the dynamic content?
The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.
Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.
Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.
Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.