cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending automated reminders for deadlines based on data in excel

Hello everyone,

I have an excel with job assignments, deadlines and emails of people responsible for completing the task.

I'm having trouble creating a flow, that would:

-Every day scan the file for missed deadlines

-If any deadlines are missed, send an email to the person responsible, reminding that he has a task he needs to finish

I would really appreciate your help, I'm rather new to flow and this task has been killing me

4 REPLIES 4
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

Assuming that as and when task is completed it is marked complete in excel sheet as well, following are the steps you can use:

(Please note the list rows will work if you have formatted your data in excel sheet as table)

1. Create an instant flow from blank inside a solution

2. Use Recurrence as starting point. Set your timing for the flow to occur on daily basis at selected time.

3. Use excel online connector and List rows present in table action to pull records from excel sheet

4. Use Apply to each loop and select value from list rows present in table

5. Do your deadline date and completed column check and do processing accordingly.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @ManishJain ,

Thank you for your response.

I've already done everything you listed up until step 4.

I'm having trouble setting up email sending.

I can't make the 'Send an email (V2)' connector grab the email address from the table, in the row that its currently checking for past due dates. It only works if I write-in an email address by hand

Any ideas?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you please share your flow screenshots and what values you are retrieving for email ?

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you tried to click here to get the dynamic content?

95.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,197)