cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Sending data from Planner to Excel table

I have been working on getting data from Planner into Excel in hopes of eventually building Power BI reports.  Although the data is limited in what I can get from Planner, I have been making progress.  I have run into two issues:

1)  I need to get the time format from this (2018-03-01T10:00:00Z) to this (3/1/2018).  I have this working but not consistently using Convert Time Zone.  Is there a better way to do this?

2) Fianlly, all the useful data outside of the Title field comes up as a hash.  How can I convert this to real text? CvWkwzuhQU6s9EGYJGFHRWQAFrGl is not useful.

Thanks for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Sending data from Planner to Excel table

My Flow looks something like this:

Recurrence

List Rows present in Table (Excel) then using a condition deleting all rows (prepares for the next step of a total data dump)

List Tasks (Planner)

Add Rows

List Rows (for time conversion)

4 branches of Convert Time Zone for each of the 4 date and time fields

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Sending data from Planner to Excel table

Hi @kubwamama,

Could you share a screenshot of your flow for better understanding?

You said “List rows present in Table (Excel) then using a condition deleting all rows”, how is the condition configured? What do you mean by “deleting all rows”?

I assume that you would like to list tasks in planner first, then insert them into Excel table.

Please try to use the function formatDateTime to format the datetime to MM/dd/yyyy.

Besides, what data are you trying to get from the planner outside of the Title field?

I have made the following test, please check it for a reference.

Manually trigger the flow by a Button.

List tasks in planner.

Add the action Insert row. Select dynamic content from previous step for corresponding field. In the date column, enter the following code the format the datetime:

formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['createdDateTime'],'MM/dd/yyyy')

1.PNG 

Hope this could be a reference for you. 

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,625)