cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avi_suresh

Sending different mails based on Forms submission count

Hi,

I would like to send two different mails after a certain number of submissions have crossed in my Microsoft Form. The below flow doesn't seem to work. The response ID doesn't match with the number of submissions made.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @avi_suresh  its because the ID is not equals to the # submissions. I recoment you to create share point list then you can add some data to fill a new item, so when you fill a new item sharepoint creates for you an ID per submission you can use it to do your comparation see

item.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
PatrickMSFT
Microsoft
Microsoft

avi_suresh,

Just to clarify, responseId isn't really a counter; it's a static piece of metadata tied directly to the individual response. The number does increment up but again, it's not really a counter. I'm not sure if that's a hindrance to your end goal or not.

I did a quick test like so...

PatrickMSFT_2-1597961152675.png

And that expanded Value...

{"webhookId":"98db531b-e63f-4f7f-ad77-fb7b2e38af98","eventType":"ResponseAdded","resourceData":{"formId":"<formId>","responseId":4},"eventTime":"2020-08-20T21:35:31.4458128Z"}

The reason you see that responseId is "4" is because it was my fourth submission of the Form. What you're also seeing is the full Body of the request, so that's all the metadata we have to use; no sign of anything that would be a proper counter.

If your Form is more like a quick survey (meant to be short-lived), responseId may work out just fine. If your Form is supposed to be in place long-term, though responseId may not be as effective.

To your actual logic, I don't think you need Get Response Details or Compose at all. Get Response Details can glean some additional data from fields in your Form but you don't need it for responseId and it still won't give you a counter. If anything, you're more likely to confuse your Flow's logic including it. Same thing with Compose, you don't have to set up any variables here; responseId is already solid.

I set up a Flow like so and it's working fine for me...

PatrickMSFT_1-1597961026106.png

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Patrick

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (61,572)