cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dude_chill
Frequent Visitor

Sending documents from powerapp via flow. How to select file from SharePoint?

Hi all,

I created powerapp and connected it to flow. Now it can send exactly one document from SharePoint to mail. Could anyone explain how to create flow that will use selection from powerapp (for example if I select document from dropdown menu)?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Sending documents from powerapp via flow. How to select file from SharePoint?

Hi @dude_chill , 

As I understand you want to send a file from the documnet library on sharepoint that can be selected via a dropdown in powerapps and triggers a flow to send it. 

Please refer to the screenshots below: pssp1.png

In this, you can see that I have created a drop down and the data source is the Sharepoint Document Library (I created one by the name Pictures). And in the on change property of this I am triggering a flow that takes the "File Identifier" as a variable. psps.png

In the flow you can see that we are using the file identifier from the powerapps to identify the file and get the content and passing that to the Outlook email. 

If you want to send multiple files in a single run, create an array variable in flow and request input from powerapps. IN powerapps instead of the dropdown put a list where you can select multiple items at a time. In flow iterate through this array to get the files or use get files action an filter queries. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Sending documents from powerapp via flow. How to select file from SharePoint?

Hi @dude_chill , 

As I understand you want to send a file from the documnet library on sharepoint that can be selected via a dropdown in powerapps and triggers a flow to send it. 

Please refer to the screenshots below: pssp1.png

In this, you can see that I have created a drop down and the data source is the Sharepoint Document Library (I created one by the name Pictures). And in the on change property of this I am triggering a flow that takes the "File Identifier" as a variable. psps.png

In the flow you can see that we are using the file identifier from the powerapps to identify the file and get the content and passing that to the Outlook email. 

If you want to send multiple files in a single run, create an array variable in flow and request input from powerapps. IN powerapps instead of the dropdown put a list where you can select multiple items at a time. In flow iterate through this array to get the files or use get files action an filter queries. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

dude_chill
Frequent Visitor

Hi @yashag2255 

Thanks for the reply. 

I have dropdown and field for email. I still trying to understand how to add not list, but files from SharePoint. 

2.JPG

Anyway, could you specify how to add the field for an address in flow?

1.JPG

Thanks a lot!

Br

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,112)