Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Sending email notification that item is delayed; and tracking those emails

Hello,

I want to build a daily reoccurring flow that will send out email notifications that an item is delayed (when the update required date is less than today's date), but I only want to send a notification for that record once. So on the following day, I dont want to send another notification that the same record is delayed. Thus, I would want to track those email notifcations and check on the 2nd day if the item had already been sent an email notification and if it has, I would want to skip it, otherwise it should send the email notification. 

What I need help with is checking to see if there was already an email notification been sent. This is what I have thus far:

2020-06-24 16_45_46-Window.png

Down below is what the RAIL list Looks like:

2020-06-24 16_49_35-Window.png2020-06-24 16_50_25-Window.png

Down below is some of the information that I would like to collect in the RAIL List - Escalation List:

imadorkous_0-1593042750348.png

Here is the rest of the Flow that I have, but I dont think the beginning piece correct, and once I know how to check if a notification email was sent for a particular item, and can implement it, then I should be good to go..

2020-06-24 16_53_32-Window.png2020-06-24 16_54_00-Window.png2020-06-24 16_54_15-Window.png2020-06-24 16_54_25-Window.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello,

My suggestion here is to add a column in Sharepoint list which should get updated once the email notification has been sent for the same item.

The next day, flow condition can check if that column value is set as "Sent" or "Not sent", based on which it can decide whether to send an email for that item or skip that one.

Highlighted

Hello @rohsh354,

Thank you for the suggestion. I would like to stray away from adding that column to the table, as I have other flows that are tied to the modified date/modified by columns. But if there are no other options, I would do so.    

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,034)