cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathan_chan20
Helper I
Helper I

Sending email when past due on returning an item

Hi there, I'm fairly new to Power Automate. I've created a PowerApp where a user can check out equipment items. When the user checks out an item, there is an option to state when they plan to return that item called "Planned date return"

In Power Automate how can I set up an email for 7 days past the users "planned date return" if they did not return it?

Thank you,

23 REPLIES 23

Sorry, i'm guessing you mean this

jonathan_chan20_0-1639087170441.png

Yup, we are moving into good direction, click the Apply to each and check number of executions of this loop, also check then if the Send Email was green.
The 0s in the Apply to each loop looks like there was no items from Get items - are you sure you have some items from Get items?
Click Get items and do also screenshot of the Output of the action:)
It might be that currently in your data sourc which is shareopint you dont have items which are meeting your condition... which results with 0 execution of the Apply to Each which leads to zero emails delivered.

Thank you for the assistance. This is the screen shot of the execution for get items

jonathan_chan20_1-1639514998563.png

and here is a screen shot of the output

jonathan_chan20_2-1639515030713.png

Here is a screenshot of apply to each

jonathan_chan20_3-1639515066946.png

for get items, yes I have items that are checked out and 10+ days over the planned return date. Would you need to see any data source from the sharepoint?

Thank you

@jonathan_chan20 as per your screenshot there is no data from GET ITEMS:

365CornerDawid_0-1639554000057.png

in the Body / Values there is [] which is representation of the empty array = no results.

Next in the Apply for each there zero runs - when there are runs in the loop you will see number of runs.

All that connected suggest that your oData query is either incorrect or the condition in the oData filter dont find items...

Please make a screenshot from:

365CornerDawid_1-1639554193494.png

Show more to see how the oData Filter looks like.

Alternative approach is to remove this filter and then check how the Flow will run - do that only with sending email to your self !

Regards

Dawid

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,322)