cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Sending email with Flow displays ID instead of Display Names from Entity fields

Hi, 

I'm creating a Flow that sends an email when a record is created in an Canvas App. It works fine but the fields included in the email from the records submitted via the app displays the ID value instead of the Display Name. For example, Created By displays 3e55088a-7b38-3a11-b714-000e3b338747 instead of Mugen Jin. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

You can use Office365 connector to get the name of the user by using get user profile action

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,
Rahber

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @kcgov 

This is a by design behavior, you can use the Office 365 Users actions to get the information from the users: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365users/#get-user-profile-(v2)

Best Regards,

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution
Frequent Visitor

@Rahber

Thank you that worked. I was trying to use the same method to display the names of the value for what I have in the body of the email but no luck. It still shows the number. I'm trying to display data from a CDS entity. I tried to get/list a CDS record thinking it may display the text value but it does not, it still display number values. Any ideas?

@chsanche, Thank you for the link. From what I understand I have to specify per user? What if I have multiple users? I have a form that I would like to use with an entire organization of 100+ people. When a CDS record is created based on the submission of that form, could I somehow get the user profile info based on the Created By value of the record so it displays the appropriate name of the user?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,083)