Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending email with options from Excel (Business) and updating a row

I created a flow that automatically sends emails with options from Excel
Every time I send an email I want to update an excel column at the same time. The excel table contains only two columns , the first column contains the email addresses and the second one should automatically update with the text "Email Sent" as soon as an email is sent

The problem is that the update of the excel column is only taken into account at the end of the flow execution

How can I refresh the column instantly during the flow execution?

flow.PNG

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Sending email with options from Excel (Business) and updating a row

Hi @Anonymous , 

So how this works is, after the send email with options action is executed, it will wait for the answer to come (that is the schema of the action by default). 

You can configure the excel update action for the run after as shown in the screenshot: 

emailTest.png

PS I hve selected all options, but you can go with Successful and Timed out or deselect all the options. 

Deselecting all options will ensure that the excel will be updated immediately. The other two options ensure that the mail is sent and the response is recieved. 

Hope this Helps!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Assuming that you want to send an email only after the send email action is successful. Please correct me if I am assuming this wrong. 

Meanwhile you can set the concurrency control in the apply to each so that the parallel processes run based on the iterations. 

cooos.png

Hope this Helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @yashag2255 

Thank you for your answer

I have already set the concurrency control which allowed me to send the mail to all the addresses in my excel column at the same time.

But for column 2 which must contain the mention "Email sent", it is updated only after the person has chosen an option from the mail
The way I want it to work is that once the email is sent, the mention "Email Sent" is displayed in the column corresponding to the email address to which the email is sent without having to wait for the person to choose an option. 

Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous , 

So how this works is, after the send email with options action is executed, it will wait for the answer to come (that is the schema of the action by default). 

You can configure the excel update action for the run after as shown in the screenshot: 

emailTest.png

PS I hve selected all options, but you can go with Successful and Timed out or deselect all the options. 

Deselecting all options will ensure that the excel will be updated immediately. The other two options ensure that the mail is sent and the response is recieved. 

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 190 members 4,675 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: