Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Wosscr
Level: Powered On

Sending email with options to multiple people

Hey guys,

I’m building a flow that requires to get approval from some users. There are different options that the approver can select, so I’m using the “send email with options” which is working fine.

The problem I have is for items that require approval from multiple people, I put the “send email with options” within an “apply to each” loop that receives an array with all the emails that need to be sent. All good until that point, but when the action is triggered, the flow will send one email at the time and wait until the first person takes action (complete the flow) to send the next one which is not ideal.

Tha other alternative that I have is to send the email to multiple users at once, but that won’t allow me to track each individual response.

Any ideas to work that around?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wosscr

Re: Sending email with options to multiple people

Hi @eskward,

Thanks for your answer. I tried the loop option already, the iterations work, but the recipient of the email was not updated (even though the variable was) so the email was sent multiple times to the same recipient on a random basis. 

I ended up implementing an approval flow with a separate form, and using the regular "send email" component with the link to that second form. 

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Wosscr,

Do you want multiple approvers to participate in the approval process, the approval email needs to be sent at the same time, and you want to track the approver selection?

I did the test on my side, and indeed, as you described, the mail is sent in order, and the previous recipient needs to complete the approval.

I have tried many methods and there seems to be no suitable way to achieve your needs.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
eskward
Level: Power Up

If I understand your scenario correctly, I believe there is an answer for that. If you use the ellipsis menu on the Loop action and go to 'Settings', you can adjust the 'degree of parallelism' to allow mulitple instances of the loop to run concurrently.

Here's a reference with screenshots:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/advanced-flow-of-the-week-send-parallel-approval-requests-to-a...

I think this accomplishes what you need.

Wosscr

Hi @eskward,

Thanks for your answer. I tried the loop option already, the iterations work, but the recipient of the email was not updated (even though the variable was) so the email was sent multiple times to the same recipient on a random basis. 

I ended up implementing an approval flow with a separate form, and using the regular "send email" component with the link to that second form. 

Regards

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,820)