Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ezequiel
Microsoft
Microsoft

Sending emails Problem

Hi

I have a Flow that uses Send Email and I'm using an email address that I'm part of a Security Group. Everything works fine and taking a look at the Peek Code I see the "From:"...all good

Capture.JPG

I built a second Flow using "Send Email (V2)" instead following the same process, adding the connection using the same email address, and it is not working, and the email is being sent using my personal email address instead. If I llok at the Peek Code of the second Flow, I don't see the "From:" as I see it on the first one.

Capture.JPG

Am I doing something wrong or the "Send Email V2" does not admit to do that?

Thanks,

Ezequiel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You are correct.  Send an email V2 does not allow changing the From address for the email.  The original Send and Email does let you change the From, but doing so requires that the user running the Flow must have "Send As" authority on the mailbox used in the From.  This has cased a lot of issues for people and is difficult to maintain across a large audience.  I assume that is why the From was pulled out of V2.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You are correct.  Send an email V2 does not allow changing the From address for the email.  The original Send and Email does let you change the From, but doing so requires that the user running the Flow must have "Send As" authority on the mailbox used in the From.  This has cased a lot of issues for people and is difficult to maintain across a large audience.  I assume that is why the From was pulled out of V2.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,247)