cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
devongoble
Frequent Visitor

Sending emails based on sharepoint list choice

I have a SharePoint list (365) that is used as an intake for for issues. I want to build flows for each of the 6 or 7 choices for types.

For example, if someone chose system issue, it would email an alert to a group. Same for any of the other choices.

I know how to set up alerts, but was hoping to do it via flows rather that have 20 people set up alerts on their own.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Sending emails based on sharepoint list choice

@devongoble:

First, if you are an SCA you can create alerts on behalf of your users.  In addition, you can set enter an AD group in the "send alerts to" dialogue box.  In addition, you can set alerts on views - so, you could create a filtered view for each of your choices and set up an alert on each of those views and send emails to the appropriate group.

You could also accomplish your goal by using a condition in a single Flow that sends email as appropriate based on the choice selected.

A simple Flow for this purpose might look like this:

Choice.jpg

A more elegant solution might be to use a variable to store the email addresses.  The variable would get set via a switch statement (control/switch).  Then, use the variable in the email as the email address.  This would allow you to have just a single email action.  The addressees would depend on the choice selected.

If this answers your question, please mark your post as solved.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Sending emails based on sharepoint list choice

@devongoble:

First, if you are an SCA you can create alerts on behalf of your users.  In addition, you can set enter an AD group in the "send alerts to" dialogue box.  In addition, you can set alerts on views - so, you could create a filtered view for each of your choices and set up an alert on each of those views and send emails to the appropriate group.

You could also accomplish your goal by using a condition in a single Flow that sends email as appropriate based on the choice selected.

A simple Flow for this purpose might look like this:

Choice.jpg

A more elegant solution might be to use a variable to store the email addresses.  The variable would get set via a switch statement (control/switch).  Then, use the variable in the email as the email address.  This would allow you to have just a single email action.  The addressees would depend on the choice selected.

If this answers your question, please mark your post as solved.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,799)