Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerappsfan
Advocate III
Advocate III

Sending emails from Distribution Group?

Hi there,

I've seen many threads complaining about Power Automate/Flow sending emails from their own email address, which is not a good experience when it's for a whole team or group. The workaround seems to be to change the 'From' address to a mail-enabled security group that you have send permissions too.

However, our company doesn't allow us to create 'mail-enabled' groups, however we DO have regular Distribution Groups (a group email address where you can send from that email address and everyone in the group receives emails sent to that email). However, Power Automate/Flow doesn't seem to allow putting Distribution Group email address in the From field, even though I have send permissions to that group.

Does anyone know how to make this work or at least a work around?  I want the email notifications to come either from our Distribution Group email address or a generic no-reply email address.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @powerappsfan,

>Just to confirm, in order for it to work, I have to put the email address in a variable?

Yes, correct. That's strange but true. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VictorIvanidze
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @powerappsfan,

you can send as a distribution list.  Have a look at this thread for example:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Change-the-FROM-display-name-when-sending-e...

Just to confirm, in order for it to work, I have to put the email address in a variable?  Because when I tried putting our distribution group email in there before in the FROM box directly, I got an error when the flow ran saying I don't have send permission to send from it, even though I do.

Hi @powerappsfan,

>Just to confirm, in order for it to work, I have to put the email address in a variable?

Yes, correct. That's strange but true. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,598)