cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emma_Linton
Frequent Visitor

Sending emails with attachments and showing in Dynamics

Hi

I have a flow which populates a Word template and sends it as an attachment to the customer using the Outlook connector.

However, my users want to be able to see the email as an activity against the customer record.

I know that I can use the Unbound Action - SendTemplate to send the email via Dynamics, but I can't find a way of adding the attachment to the activity first.

The attachment will contain different information each time, so I can't just add it as a default attachment in the Email Template.

I also looked at perhaps creating the Email Message record separately, but when I create the record it nulls out the sender/recipient fields.

Finally I also thought about maybe creating the new word doc as a note attachment, but I can't get it to work at all!

Has anybody out there done this already?

4 REPLIES 4
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Emma_Linton,

Do you want to add attachments into email and send it?

If yes, you can refer to this post to learn how to add multiple attachments into Email and send it.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Email-Attachments-in-Flow/m-p/194363

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi

I have been able to send an email directly from Flow with an attachment 🙂

I need to also show the email and its attachment in an email activity inside Dynamics, so that the users can see what emails were sent to which customers.

I have tried retrospectively creating an email message record after sending the email via Flow, but can't get the record to create properly with the sender and recipient field filled in and can't add the attachment.

I then tried doing it the other way around, by sending the email using the action inside Dynamics, but then I still can't add the attachment there either.

Thanks

Hi

This answer did not help to answer my question - is there any other help you can provide?

Emma

Dan_B
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Emma_Linton ,

I appreciate this is an old thread, but I am currently facing a similar situation.

Mine in theory should be simpler, as I just need to add the same attachment to each e-mail that goes out, but am struggling to find the solution currently, and was wondering if you had found it in the last nearly 2 years, or had abandoned it altogether!

Thanks

Dan

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,906)