cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
accordeonist
Frequent Visitor

Sending emails with unique attachments

Hello all, 

I am following instructions from this video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku0NM9jhp-A

to create a flow that would send unique attachments to a group of 400-500 employees with their up to date contracts. 

I am following these instructions exactly - and the flow works - BUT it only sends 20 emails at a time and then stops. If I rerun it again it does not work at all. So the only way to run this is to put 20 contracts in the target folder and 20 entries in the excel file at a time and to rerun the flow over and over again. Its driving me crazy - it is almost as much work as sending them manually. 

Does anyone know why this is happening or has alternative solutions? 

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I think your issue will be in the step list files in folder.  Select Setting (three dots) Turn on pagination and put 1000 in the threshold.  I am not sure what the maximum threshold is but you should get an error if it has exceed.  Then run your flow.  

Before doing the above you could put a compose after the list files with the expression length(?insert value of list files)  I often put a terminate (on success) after this so I can debug.  This stops the flow and you can see the result count of files in the compose

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I think your issue will be in the step list files in folder.  Select Setting (three dots) Turn on pagination and put 1000 in the threshold.  I am not sure what the maximum threshold is but you should get an error if it has exceed.  Then run your flow.  

Before doing the above you could put a compose after the list files with the expression length(?insert value of list files)  I often put a terminate (on success) after this so I can debug.  This stops the flow and you can see the result count of files in the compose

accordeonist
Frequent Visitor

@leyburn19 I am not sure how to thank you - but turning on Pagination and putting 1000 number in there fixed the problem. The only issue being it is sending one email a minute - which is rather strange. There is a lot of dynamic content in the email - so maybe that is why it is slower. But yeah your solution worked and I can't believe you figured it out. Thanks so much. I have so much more to learn. 

Let me know if you know of any good learning resources - even paid ones - where they get into advanced details like this. Most of the learning resources I am aware of - always go over basics and do not dive deep enough - I don't see any advanced lessons anywhere. 

leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

The best resources I use are this forum and YouTube.  There are some great help videos there

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,519)