cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sending from a shared mailbox permissions and configuration

I have an app, I am the owner of the app and I have a flow and I am the owner of the flow.

I have a user who will use the app, that will press a button that will run the flow.

Part of this flow sends an email.

Originally I had this configured to send from a shared mailbox. But I then realised the user won't have permissions to send "on behalf of" this shared mailbox. So it errors. 

The alternative is to use a "send an email" action which will send as the user who triggers the flow in powerapps.

However, in some cases I might want to send an email which would have content that I do not want that user to see, therefore sending from their account isn't really an option.

I'm sure this is simple but I just don't understand how I can do this? I basically want a flow to send emails not from me, not from the app user/flow runner, but just from a generic team account. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Sending from a shared mailbox permissions and configuration

I have a similar problem.  When powerapps triggers a flow with an email,  the send as can no longer be a shared mailbox email.  Is there a work around to this.

in part I found one that removed the trigger from powerapps to be when a Sharepoint items is created.  This meant powerapps triggers the flow by simply adding the new record to SP.

This is fine for creation of new record, but I cannot use the same idea based on modified as it also does create or modified.  It would be greate to have a trigger that was simply based when an item is modified as well

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @digitech,

I afraid that your requirement couldn't be achieved since the user won't have permissions to send "on behalf of" this shared mailbox.

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

There may be an effective workaround. I had the same issue but in my case it also took action to update a SharePoint list.  So I created another numeric column in the list.  So when the power apps ran its action it updates that column with a number .  This update triggers the Modify file trigger for a SP list.  This flow then does the email and it is OK to use the Shared Mailbox email as it is now a flow trigger by the creator who has teh access.

In my case I had three emails based on  particular action,  so teh flow column was updated with the num,bner applicable that email. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (10,788)