cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
digitech
Level: Powered On

Sending from a shared mailbox permissions and configuration

I have an app, I am the owner of the app and I have a flow and I am the owner of the flow.

I have a user who will use the app, that will press a button that will run the flow.

Part of this flow sends an email.

Originally I had this configured to send from a shared mailbox. But I then realised the user won't have permissions to send "on behalf of" this shared mailbox. So it errors. 

The alternative is to use a "send an email" action which will send as the user who triggers the flow in powerapps.

However, in some cases I might want to send an email which would have content that I do not want that user to see, therefore sending from their account isn't really an option.

I'm sure this is simple but I just don't understand how I can do this? I basically want a flow to send emails not from me, not from the app user/flow runner, but just from a generic team account. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
leyburn19
Level 10

Re: Sending from a shared mailbox permissions and configuration

I have a similar problem.  When powerapps triggers a flow with an email,  the send as can no longer be a shared mailbox email.  Is there a work around to this.

in part I found one that removed the trigger from powerapps to be when a Sharepoint items is created.  This meant powerapps triggers the flow by simply adding the new record to SP.

This is fine for creation of new record, but I cannot use the same idea based on modified as it also does create or modified.  It would be greate to have a trigger that was simply based when an item is modified as well

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @digitech,

I afraid that your requirement couldn't be achieved since the user won't have permissions to send "on behalf of" this shared mailbox.

Best regards,

Alice

leyburn19
Level 10

There may be an effective workaround. I had the same issue but in my case it also took action to update a SharePoint list.  So I created another numeric column in the list.  So when the power apps ran its action it updates that column with a number .  This update triggers the Modify file trigger for a SP list.  This flow then does the email and it is OK to use the Shared Mailbox email as it is now a flow trigger by the creator who has teh access.

In my case I had three emails based on  particular action,  so teh flow column was updated with the num,bner applicable that email. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 179 members 6,352 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: