cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KiranKolusu1
Regular Visitor

Sending mail on Adding new item in SharePoint

Hi guys,

I have a list in my SharePoint, where I have 2 columns called Country, Industry. Now I have 5 different values for country and 5 values for Industry. Now in total I have 5*5 i.e, 25 combinations, now everytime I add a row in my list I want to send a mail where the body, subject, To are same but CC should vary according to the combination of country, industry. Is there a way to initialize a variable and set CC values for each condition and at last send  a mail. If yes please let me know how.

Thanks in advance.

@efialttes  @CFernandes 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

I'd create a configuration list for that, a separate list that would contain 3 columns: country, industry, CCusers. As you said, the list would contain 25 items.

Then in the flow, before sending the email, you would use 'Get Items' action on the configuration list with Query Filter 'country eq '[Country]' and industry eq '[Industry]'. That should give you just 1 item with the proper combination. You can then use the CCusers output of that action as the CC in your email.

note: [Country] and [Industry] are dynamic content from your flow

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

I'd create a configuration list for that, a separate list that would contain 3 columns: country, industry, CCusers. As you said, the list would contain 25 items.

Then in the flow, before sending the email, you would use 'Get Items' action on the configuration list with Query Filter 'country eq '[Country]' and industry eq '[Industry]'. That should give you just 1 item with the proper combination. You can then use the CCusers output of that action as the CC in your email.

note: [Country] and [Industry] are dynamic content from your flow

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,987)