Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevingeorget
Resolver I
Resolver I

Sending mail to Person field containing mutiple users at one go

Hi Flow Users,

Need a help with a requirement i'm working on.
I have a list A where i'm triggering a Flow from a PowerApp button for content approval.
Now, once the document is approved, i need to send an email to set of users mentioning about a new item in the list.
The set of users are stored in another list B (containing a single item) using a Person field allowing multiple selection.
So, the logic i use to send out the mail to the users from the field is-
Get item(the item from List B containing the Person field)-->Then send out the mail to by assingning the Person field on the To.
But i get the steps as the screenshot.
Apply to each would send the mail to each of the persons seperately. Is their a way to send out a mail to all the persons from the field at one go (with everyone in the To field)

Applytoeach.png

Any help aprreciated.

Regards,

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@kevingeorget,

Try the following steps

1. Add a flow step called 'Initialize Variable'

2. Read your list B

3. Add another flow step for each

4. Add flow step "Apend to string variable". So here you append your emails with semicolons.

5. Outside the loop set the send email and use the variable in the To field.

Let me know the results.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WDRC
Helper V
Helper V

@kevingeorget 

Suggestion try putting the VALUE field in after the get items as a starter.

List B, is this one column list with a header of email address with no other columns.  If so I think after you have done the above it should cycle through and send an individual email to all which is not what you want. 

However as I do not know your location and if the emails you are sending will be going to anywhere in Europe, then if they are, to have everyone's email addresses in the TO section of the email is likely to be the way of not handelling their personal data correctly within the confines of GDPR.  So there is a BCC field in the "send and email" operation, so perhaps put everyone you want to send the email to in field and yourself in the TO section, that way each recipient will only see an email sent to them and you will be covered from a GDPR point of view.  This should only leave you with one email in your sent items to all the people on the list.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Andrew

thanks for the reply @WDRC.

But this is not what i'm looking for especially nothing with GPDR.

My B List contains a Title and PersonField. One item only. Personfield contains value Kevin.T;Kevin.George;OtherUsers etc..

The apply to each field in the screenshot gets populated automatically when i add the Personfield in 'To' field of Send mail.

Regards,

Kevin

@kevingeorget,

Try the following steps

1. Add a flow step called 'Initialize Variable'

2. Read your list B

3. Add another flow step for each

4. Add flow step "Apend to string variable". So here you append your emails with semicolons.

5. Outside the loop set the send email and use the variable in the To field.

Let me know the results.

Thanks

View solution in original post

@mydevexperience

Worked like a charm. Thanks for taking time out to help me out.

Appreciate it.

Cheers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,631)