cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelNorton

Sending multiple emails each with different attachment

Hi,

I am looking to create a flow that sends an email to multiple addresses (around 50), with each email having a different attachment, as well as variables within the body of the email, such as a 'Dear *First Name*,' input. 

So far, using excel inputs to add variables to the email, including a list of addresses to send to, plus variables within the body of the email is simple with multiple guides available. However, attaching a different excel file to each email is proving difficult!

For clarity, each email only requires a single excel attachment, the issue is creating a flow that attaches a different file for each email!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VJR
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @MichaelNorton 

Is there some fixed pattern or a defined structure to those different attachments?

In the below example, the attachment name is the same as the Employee Id.

You can "form" your full attachment path and name by using the other columns of the same Excel that you are already using.

VJR_1-1631873490187.png

Dragging the same formula for all the rows will create the full attachment path and name for all the rows.

Do post back what your observations are regarding the above.

-------------------------------------------
Help fellow beings find relevant posts.
Upvote to a supporting response.
Mark as solution to an answer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
VJR
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @MichaelNorton 

Is there some fixed pattern or a defined structure to those different attachments?

In the below example, the attachment name is the same as the Employee Id.

You can "form" your full attachment path and name by using the other columns of the same Excel that you are already using.

VJR_1-1631873490187.png

Dragging the same formula for all the rows will create the full attachment path and name for all the rows.

Do post back what your observations are regarding the above.

View solution in original post

Hi VJR,

Thank you so much for your reply!

Yes, the attachments do follow a pattern and structure, there will be 1 attachment per recipient with a file name that matches one of the variables (excel columns) that would be included within the body of the email text (same as in your example) - therefore I believe your solution would work to concatenate the file path. The files would all be saved within the same folder within SharePoint.

The next step is then how do I use the concatenated file path to add the attachment? Is it just a case of sending the filepath/link in the body of the text?

Thanks again,

Michael

I thought this one was solved but I got ahead of myself, the attachments didn't send properly when using the dynamic content within 'Attachments Content' in Send an Email (v2).

So once I have the file paths for each attachment organised in my excel file, how do I then get them to attach to my email as an excel file?

VJR
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @MichaelNorton 

Could you share screenshots of what has been done so far and how is it done and where are you having issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (960)