Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArturDj
Helper I
Helper I

Sending multiple emails from the options selected in MS Forms

Hi All,

I have a Microsoft Form that allows users to select multiple options in a question. In this case departments i.e. IT, Finance, Purchasing, Customer Service etc.

What I would like to do is send an email to the departments selected from the form. So if someone selected IT and Purchasing from the options, I would like only those departments to receive the email with the form information.

Any suggestions on how i can go about this?

Thanks,

Artur

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andrii1z
Frequent Visitor

@ArturDj , you need to use Parse JSON action to get an array from your multiple choice response. 

Also you can initialize a new object variable with your emails to have something like a setup.

andrii1z_0-1620913344971.png

After that just use Apply to each action for parsed output and send an email with the expression variables('DepartmentEmails')?[items('Apply_to_each')] in "To" field to get the right email from your object variable.

andrii1z_1-1620913536242.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ilushkinchu
Frequent Visitor

Hi @ArturDj !

What does your Microsoft work-form look like?
Can you use a SharePoint sheet instead?

andrii1z
Frequent Visitor

@ArturDj , you need to use Parse JSON action to get an array from your multiple choice response. 

Also you can initialize a new object variable with your emails to have something like a setup.

andrii1z_0-1620913344971.png

After that just use Apply to each action for parsed output and send an email with the expression variables('DepartmentEmails')?[items('Apply_to_each')] in "To" field to get the right email from your object variable.

andrii1z_1-1620913536242.png

View solution in original post

Hi @andrii1z ,

That worked perfectly! 

Thank you so much.

Kind regards,

Artur

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (10,683)