cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahhollan
Helper V
Helper V

Sending multiple separate emails to multiple managers

I have a SP list fed by a Power Apps app. The list has a people picker column (Nominee) that allows multiple selections. When a form is submitted to the list, I need a flow created that sends each person in the Nominee column an email alerting them to their nomination. I also want to send each person's manager a separate email notifying them that their employee has been nominated.  I know I need to include Apply To Each loops and I need to use the O365 connector to get the nominee's manager's email address. I'm just not sure how to write this flow. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @ahhollan ,

you should trigger the flow 'When an item is created'. Then you loop through all the nominees one by one, for each of them you get the manager and send the emails. 'SendTo' in the draft below is your 'Nominee' column. Just make sure all users have their manager defined in the Azure AD, otherwise you'll need to handle situations when the manager is empty.

image.png

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @ahhollan ,

you should trigger the flow 'When an item is created'. Then you loop through all the nominees one by one, for each of them you get the manager and send the emails. 'SendTo' in the draft below is your 'Nominee' column. Just make sure all users have their manager defined in the Azure AD, otherwise you'll need to handle situations when the manager is empty.

image.png

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,021)