cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rifat_04

Sending only Yammer posts to MS Teams Channel

Hello,
I'm trying to build a flow where "When there is a new message in a group" in Yammer with specific keywords and it will send the post to an MS teams channel with some additional information. But for some reason, it is also sending the comments of the posts with the specific keywords as well? I only want the post, not the comments. Is there a way to do this? Any tips would be really appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rifat_04 

Some ideas:

a) Instead of using multiple conditions, you could use trigger conditions to only run the workflow for specific tasks. There's an excellent answer by @Expiscornovus in this thread: Solved: Re: Trigger when a yammer post is created with a s... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

b) Maybe could try to parse the JSON content coming out from the trigger, and with that, get only the message. Have a look at this post: Using Flow to monitor activity in Yammer – buildbod.com

In that case, parsing the JSON content, you would need to access the body/plain field.

Hope that helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,211)