cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaron_h
Regular Visitor

Sending reminder emails on differing intervals

Hello,

I am trying to send expiry reminders based on data in a sharepoint list.

Here's my problem:

some of the reminders need to be sent 30 days before the date, some 3 months, some 6 months.

I'm a complete power platform newbie and don't know where to start.

If anyone could help, that would be great. 

7 REPLIES 7
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @aaron_h 

First have a look on how to filter SharePoint list records. Then look for addDate() expression how to filter records using dates. There are lots of articles in the community regarding this. If you need further help in this please let me know.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @aaron_h , according to me the best technique would be to add a new column in your SharePoint list. Make it a choice column of priorities(high, medium, low, etc). According to the priorities you should send the reminders. You can use switch action for this.

There are many other possibilities too. If you have any other doubts just reply. 

aaron_h
Regular Visitor

Hi,

If I get the items from the sharepoint list, how would I go about looping through a list of the clumns in that row, and checking them against their reminder time?

For example:

If column a should be reminded about 1 month before expiry, column b should be 3 months, and column c should be 2 months, would I make a dictionary with the collumn names and the number of days to remind before?

Hello @aaron_h ,

here an example, to get items with date equal to current date +30:

MarconettiMarco_0-1660653772017.png

In the Filter Query put the required column as first parameter and the following expression as second one:

addDays(formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd'),30)

If I have answered your question, please mark my post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

BR,

Marco

@MarconettiMarco Put the 2 pieces where exactly? I am a blind user so unfortunately I cannot read your screenshots.

Hi,

Unfortunately this wouldn't work, as it's fields in each record that need to be on differing time skales, not each individual record.

For example:

1 person might have all 3 certifications, 1 that needs to be reminded 30 days before, the others being 83 and 2 month windows of time that they would take to get back.

That person is a record in the list, with all of the cert data in fields on their record.

Hello @aaron_h ,

please fill out the Filter Query section within the "Get items" action.

The first parameter should be the SharePoint column, the operator "Equals", and the second parameter should be the following expression:

addDays(formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd'),30)

If I have answered your question, please mark my post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

BR,

Marco

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,894)