cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gchumway

Sending reminders using Power Automated based on Content in a Sharepoint List

I have a simple sharepoint list that has 3 columns thats supposed to track the completion status of a scorecard.  Column 1 is the supplier name.  Column 2 is the email address of the owner. Column 3 is the status.  It's either "Open" or "Completed".  This is choice field in Sharepoint List.  Default status is "Open".

I am trying to setup a flow that will check once per day day for any enteries that still have an "Open" status.  If they do then I want the flow to send and email to the owner to remind them to close the scorecard. 

I have been trying to do this using a Condition on a recurring flow.  But even though their is a status of "Open" it still returns false and doesn't send an email.  

I am wondering if I need to use a different strategy.  

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Babybots
Resolver I
Resolver I

When you're pulling items from SharePoint to check if they're open or not, try adding a filter to your "get items" so you can use only relevant data to complete the objective.  

To add a filter, toggle advanced options within Get Items --> Place the following under "Filter Query": 

replaceWithYourColumnName eq 'Open'

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Babybots
Resolver I
Resolver I

When you're pulling items from SharePoint to check if they're open or not, try adding a filter to your "get items" so you can use only relevant data to complete the objective.  

To add a filter, toggle advanced options within Get Items --> Place the following under "Filter Query": 

replaceWithYourColumnName eq 'Open'

I tried that but I don't get the choice of my column name.  I only get limit list of column name names.  

Never mind my previous message.  I figured out how to make your method work.  I didn't realize at first that I could type in the field name.  Thank you very much.  Solved my issue.  

Hi @Gchumway ,

Glad to hear that you have solve this problem. Please consider marking the solution( @Babybots 's solution ) as a solution to close this thread.

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,440)