cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Set Approval Time Formatting?

I've read several posts about formatting time in a flow but I'm still not able to figure it out.

I saw a function like this: convertTimeZone(utcnow(),'UTC','W. Europe Standard Time','dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm')

But, where do I enter this code? Can I use it directly inline in the Flow Editor's "Start an Approval" action?

My problem is that I start a flow when a user adds an item to a SharePoint list. The SharePoint site regional settings/time zone is set to Central Time, but the email notice about the approval (from the Flow) uses a different time format.  Here's an example:

1.pngI tried adding the Convert Timezone action block just before the "Start Approval" block, but how do I reference the converted time zone in the Approval block?  Or does anything need to change and i just keep the approval block as-is?

2.png
Or, should I remove the Convert Timezone block, and just wrap the begindate/enddate parts of the Approval Details in the function like this?

3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Set Approval Time Formatting?

Hi @ShawnKeeneTF,

It seems that you would like to insert the convertTimeZone function into the email body.

Please just enter the code under the Expression tab.

I have made the following test to convert the time from UTC to Pacific standard time with the following code.

convertTimeZone(triggerBody()?['RiskEventDate'],'utc','pacific standard time','dd/MM/yyyy')

Enter the code under Expression tab at the cursor position likes below:

1.PNG

Please feel free post back if you need more help.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ShawnKeeneTF,

It seems that you would like to insert the convertTimeZone function into the email body.

Please just enter the code under the Expression tab.

I have made the following test to convert the time from UTC to Pacific standard time with the following code.

convertTimeZone(triggerBody()?['RiskEventDate'],'utc','pacific standard time','dd/MM/yyyy')

Enter the code under Expression tab at the cursor position likes below:

1.PNG

Please feel free post back if you need more help.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,385)