cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbernard1503

Set Content Approval action timing out and failing

I'm attempting to put together a very simple document approval process. I have turned on 'Require content approval for submitted items' in the library settings so the document will have a Content Approval Status of 'Draft' until they submit it for approval, which will then change the Content Approval Status to 'Pending' - I have configured the settings of my trigger to run when the status is 'Pending'

The flow initially works as expected and sends the approval request email/Teams notification and the condition for the outcome of the approval seems to work fine also however, once these actions have completed, the 'Set content approval status' tries to run for several minutes before timing out and failing.

Can anyone help me understand why the content approval status is failing to update and what I'm doing wrong?

1 -

pbernard1503_1-1670246773527.png

2 - 

pbernard1503_2-1670246804487.png

3 - 

pbernard1503_3-1670246885610.png

4 -

pbernard1503_4-1670247082794.png

5 - 

pbernard1503_5-1670247140646.png

1 REPLY 1
pbernard1503

Unfortunately I didn't receive any help or comments on this but I luckily I figured it out for myself.

For anyone who sees this and is having the same issue, double check your account has Full Control permissions on the site/library. I'm new to this company so my permissions weren't set correctly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,375)