cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepsmehta

Set Regarding when Sending Email in Dataverse

Hi

I have a flow that runs on Task/Appointment creation. I have to send an email and set the regarding of email to the same regarding record for which task/appointment is set.

When I go to Create Email action, I can see all Regarding(Accounts), Regarding(Contacts) etc. I do not know what entity is Regarding on Task/Appointment.

I cannot do switch/case as there are so many entities. How do I set Regarding on Email from Task/Appointment?

9 REPLIES 9
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@deepsmehta 

You can set the regarding to a record of type Activity and Task/Appointment is activity type record.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Hi Thanks for the response. Task and Appointment may be set to regarding of an account.contact,lead or some custom entity. I want to set the new email also regarding to the same record. I do not want to set Email to regarding Appointment or Task.

If Appointment 1 has Regarding set to Account (MicroStrategy), I want to set Email Regarding = Account(MicroStrategy).

jlim1973
Regular Visitor

Hi, I am trying to do the same thing in my flow. I want to set the email regarding dynamically. Did you find a way to do this?

@jlim1973 

Do you need to set it dynamically to any record type? Or specific type and you need the record id to be passed dynamically?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Dynamically to any record type. 

@jlim1973 

Okay can you elaborate more about your flow from a business case point of view so I can propose a solution?

• The flow export out a report as pdf and email it out as an attachment.
  • The flow is triggered from create of a custom entity record. 
  • It retrieved the record type and record id that it is triggered from. This is the record type and id I want to set the email regarding to. It can be from any record type and id. We will only know this and retrieve this info when the flow runs.

I am using Microsoft Dataverse - Add a new row. Table name: Email Messages. I can see that when create a email message row, it list down all the regarding parameter individually. 

Is there a way to populate the regarding dynamically? it that possible?

@jlim1973 

No this is not possible and still your flow is running on a specific  Entity trigger not on a generic trigger..

Thank you for your response. I was hoping there is a way to do this. My flow is using a generic trigger i.e. create of a record. I wish there is just one "Regarding" parameter where you can pass in a JSON string with an objectType and objectId. Then Microsoft can do what they need to do in the backend to set the correct regarding base on that object type. oh well. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,078)