Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToFj
Advocate II
Advocate II

Set Sharepoint choice column color fill with http request

Hi everyone, 

I have a flow creating a Sharepoint choice column with an http request. This has been working out fine, but I would very much like to set the color fill of the answers with the flow to something like this: 

YesNO column.JPG

Does anyone know how I can achieve this or what i need to add to the request? 

This is the body I have been using so far. 

{ '__metadata':
{ 'type': 'SP.FieldChoice'},
'Title': 'Yes/No',
'FieldTypeKind': 6,
'Required': 'false',
'Choices': { 'results': ['Yes', 'No'] }
}

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Tord 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @ToFj,

You could deploy this kind of column formatting via a lot of different ways. This can for instance also be done via the interface, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/column-formatting

However, if you want to deploy it via Power Automate I think this would be possible via a different HTTP Post request. I have used the CreateFieldAsXml method. Via this approach you can add xml for the column formatting.

I have prepared an example which shows that approach. In my case I am creating 3 choices which will look like this:

editingridview.png

1. Add a Send an HTTP request to SharePoint action. Use the POST method and use the following value for the URI field. Also notice the Content-Type header which is using UTF-8.

/_api/web/lists/getByTitle('ListName')/fields/CreateFieldAsXml

foodchoicefield.png

2. Add the following value to the Body field. Notice that I am using seperate variables for the three labels (ChoiceOne, Pizza) and for the three colours (ChoiceColorOne, sp-css-backgroundColor-red). I also added a variable for the choice field name.

{"parameters":{"__metadata":{"type":"SP.XmlSchemaFieldCreationInformation"},"SchemaXml":"<Field CustomFormatter='{&quot;elmType&quot;:&quot;div&quot;,&quot;style&quot;:{&quot;flex-wrap&quot;:&quot;wrap&quot;,&quot;display&quot;:&quot;flex&quot;},&quot;children&quot;:[{&quot;elmType&quot;:&quot;div&quot;,&quot;style&quot;:{&quot;box-sizing&quot;:&quot;border-box&quot;,&quot;padding&quot;:&quot;4px 8px 5px 8px&quot;,&quot;display&quot;:&quot;flex&quot;,&quot;border-radius&quot;:&quot;16px&quot;,&quot;height&quot;:&quot;24px&quot;,&quot;align-items&quot;:&quot;center&quot;,&quot;white-space&quot;:&quot;nowrap&quot;,&quot;overflow&quot;:&quot;hidden&quot;,&quot;margin&quot;:&quot;4px 4px 4px 4px&quot;},&quot;attributes&quot;:{&quot;class&quot;:{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceOne')}&quot;]},&quot;@{variables('ChoiceColorOne')}&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceTwo')}&quot;]},&quot;@{variables('ChoiceColorTwo')}&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceThree')}&quot;]},&quot;@{variables('ChoiceColorThree')}&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,&quot;sp-field-borderAllRegular sp-field-borderAllSolid sp-css-borderColor-neutralSecondary&quot;]}]}]}]}},&quot;children&quot;:[{&quot;elmType&quot;:&quot;span&quot;,&quot;style&quot;:{&quot;line-height&quot;:&quot;16px&quot;,&quot;height&quot;:&quot;14px&quot;},&quot;attributes&quot;:{&quot;iconName&quot;:{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceOne')}&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceTwo')}&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceThree')}&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,&quot;&quot;]}]}]}]}}},{&quot;elmType&quot;:&quot;span&quot;,&quot;style&quot;:{&quot;overflow&quot;:&quot;hidden&quot;,&quot;text-overflow&quot;:&quot;ellipsis&quot;,&quot;padding&quot;:&quot;0 3px&quot;},&quot;txtContent&quot;:&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;attributes&quot;:{&quot;class&quot;:{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceOne')}&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceTwo')}&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceThree')}&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,&quot;&quot;]}]}]}]}}}]}],&quot;templateId&quot;:&quot;BgColorChoicePill&quot;}' DisplayName='@{variables('ChoiceColumnName')}' FillInChoice='FALSE' Format='Dropdown' IsModern='TRUE' Name='@{variables('ChoiceColumnName')}' Title='@{variables('ChoiceColumnName')}' Type='Choice'><CHOICES><CHOICE>@{variables('ChoiceOne')}</CHOICE><CHOICE>@{variables('ChoiceTwo')}</CHOICE><CHOICE>@{variables('ChoiceThree')}</CHOICE></CHOICES></Field>","Options":12}}

usingvariables.png

The colour classes can be found on this great page, Reusable SharePoint Online Classes for Modern UI created by Denis Molodtsov.

Hope this helps a bit.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @ToFj,

You could deploy this kind of column formatting via a lot of different ways. This can for instance also be done via the interface, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/column-formatting

However, if you want to deploy it via Power Automate I think this would be possible via a different HTTP Post request. I have used the CreateFieldAsXml method. Via this approach you can add xml for the column formatting.

I have prepared an example which shows that approach. In my case I am creating 3 choices which will look like this:

editingridview.png

1. Add a Send an HTTP request to SharePoint action. Use the POST method and use the following value for the URI field. Also notice the Content-Type header which is using UTF-8.

/_api/web/lists/getByTitle('ListName')/fields/CreateFieldAsXml

foodchoicefield.png

2. Add the following value to the Body field. Notice that I am using seperate variables for the three labels (ChoiceOne, Pizza) and for the three colours (ChoiceColorOne, sp-css-backgroundColor-red). I also added a variable for the choice field name.

{"parameters":{"__metadata":{"type":"SP.XmlSchemaFieldCreationInformation"},"SchemaXml":"<Field CustomFormatter='{&quot;elmType&quot;:&quot;div&quot;,&quot;style&quot;:{&quot;flex-wrap&quot;:&quot;wrap&quot;,&quot;display&quot;:&quot;flex&quot;},&quot;children&quot;:[{&quot;elmType&quot;:&quot;div&quot;,&quot;style&quot;:{&quot;box-sizing&quot;:&quot;border-box&quot;,&quot;padding&quot;:&quot;4px 8px 5px 8px&quot;,&quot;display&quot;:&quot;flex&quot;,&quot;border-radius&quot;:&quot;16px&quot;,&quot;height&quot;:&quot;24px&quot;,&quot;align-items&quot;:&quot;center&quot;,&quot;white-space&quot;:&quot;nowrap&quot;,&quot;overflow&quot;:&quot;hidden&quot;,&quot;margin&quot;:&quot;4px 4px 4px 4px&quot;},&quot;attributes&quot;:{&quot;class&quot;:{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceOne')}&quot;]},&quot;@{variables('ChoiceColorOne')}&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceTwo')}&quot;]},&quot;@{variables('ChoiceColorTwo')}&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceThree')}&quot;]},&quot;@{variables('ChoiceColorThree')}&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,&quot;sp-field-borderAllRegular sp-field-borderAllSolid sp-css-borderColor-neutralSecondary&quot;]}]}]}]}},&quot;children&quot;:[{&quot;elmType&quot;:&quot;span&quot;,&quot;style&quot;:{&quot;line-height&quot;:&quot;16px&quot;,&quot;height&quot;:&quot;14px&quot;},&quot;attributes&quot;:{&quot;iconName&quot;:{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceOne')}&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceTwo')}&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceThree')}&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,&quot;&quot;]}]}]}]}}},{&quot;elmType&quot;:&quot;span&quot;,&quot;style&quot;:{&quot;overflow&quot;:&quot;hidden&quot;,&quot;text-overflow&quot;:&quot;ellipsis&quot;,&quot;padding&quot;:&quot;0 3px&quot;},&quot;txtContent&quot;:&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;attributes&quot;:{&quot;class&quot;:{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceOne')}&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceTwo')}&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;@{variables('ChoiceThree')}&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[{&quot;operator&quot;:&quot;==&quot;,&quot;operands&quot;:[&quot;@currentField&quot;,&quot;&quot;]},&quot;&quot;,&quot;&quot;]}]}]}]}}}]}],&quot;templateId&quot;:&quot;BgColorChoicePill&quot;}' DisplayName='@{variables('ChoiceColumnName')}' FillInChoice='FALSE' Format='Dropdown' IsModern='TRUE' Name='@{variables('ChoiceColumnName')}' Title='@{variables('ChoiceColumnName')}' Type='Choice'><CHOICES><CHOICE>@{variables('ChoiceOne')}</CHOICE><CHOICE>@{variables('ChoiceTwo')}</CHOICE><CHOICE>@{variables('ChoiceThree')}</CHOICE></CHOICES></Field>","Options":12}}

usingvariables.png

The colour classes can be found on this great page, Reusable SharePoint Online Classes for Modern UI created by Denis Molodtsov.

Hope this helps a bit.

View solution in original post

ToFj
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thank you very much @Expiscornovus. The HTTP request alternative was exactly what I needed. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (2,280)