cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Set Sharepoint metadata by path

I see that there are actions to get file metadata by path, and to update file properties (but with separate fields for library, ID, etc...).  Is there any way to set file metadata when you just have the file path?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @teleute

Whilst I think I am understanding your query, would you mind being clearer on this one please?

Please capture some images to clearly illustrate the issue and post back withe exactly wheat you are looking to acheive and I will look into it for you.

If you found this helpful, please mark with thumbs up.

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted

Sorry - I'm not sure what images I can capture when I can't find where to do this.

Regardless, I have an entity in Dynamics 365 where each record has, as a field, the full URL to a file in Sharepoint.  If a field is set/changes on that record, I want to update the corresponding metadata field on that file in SP.

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @teleute

I would suggest that what you are asking is achievable and I would start a new blank Flow withe the following trigger:Capture-076.png

The entity will be "the full URL to a file in Sharepoint." and then after that something like this.

Capture-078.png

Here is more detailed information on updating SharePoint Document Library Properties

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/support-for-sharepoint-document-library-properties/

There would need to be some connectors used to change the properties or metadata of the file in SharePoint but I am hoping the above link will get you closer.

I don't have dynamics set up in a way I can recreate this for you or I gladly would, but if you were to start the ball rolling and get stuck then post some images/errors, either myself or another in the community would be sure to assist at that stage I am sure.

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted

Oh...so basically chaining the steps, kind of like using a pipe in Powershell?  Interesting...didn't occur to me.  Will give it a go and see if I can make it work.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Pretty much like that @teleute

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted

I've been playing with this, but I'm not sure if adding that step gets me any further.  The file properties don't give me the Library name to work with in the last step, so I still have to try to parse that out from the full path.  I guess it gives me the ID, though - I'm assuming from context that that's different from the file name?

screenshot.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,763)