cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Set Text field to Number field value adds decimal places

I have a simple Flow that updates a field in a SharePoint list to the value of another field.  This worked with Nintex workflow in our on Prem environment without issue and there was no formatting of the number or anything required before updating the Current field.

SharePoint List Columns:

Current: Single line of Text

Next: Calculated column that returns a number with 0 decimal places

Workflow updates Current with the value of Next.    When it does it adds 13 0's even though the Next field return is no decimal places.

JRNumberNextColumn.png

JRItem.png

What do I need to do to make this a whole number with no decimal places.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

The solution.   Using this formula - split(variables('NextNumber'), '.')[0]

PowerAutomateSplit.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

hi @JR-BejeweledOne  this is a sharepoint question I think but see what you need is change the column format, you could see more info here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/column-formatting

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

I don't agree that it's SharePoint.   I have the exact same workflow but with Nintex and the list is exactly the same.  The only difference is which tool is performing the function - Nintex vs. Power Automate.

It appears Nintex respects the decimal setting of the calculated field,  while Power Automate does not.   Changing the field type adds additional complexity to the Power App that field is used in and shouldn't be necessary.

Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

The solution.   Using this formula - split(variables('NextNumber'), '.')[0]

PowerAutomateSplit.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,755)