cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Set Text field to Number field value adds decimal places

I have a simple Flow that updates a field in a SharePoint list to the value of another field.  This worked with Nintex workflow in our on Prem environment without issue and there was no formatting of the number or anything required before updating the Current field.

SharePoint List Columns:

Current: Single line of Text

Next: Calculated column that returns a number with 0 decimal places

Workflow updates Current with the value of Next.    When it does it adds 13 0's even though the Next field return is no decimal places.

JRNumberNextColumn.png

JRItem.png

What do I need to do to make this a whole number with no decimal places.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

The solution.   Using this formula - split(variables('NextNumber'), '.')[0]

PowerAutomateSplit.png

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @JR-BejeweledOne  this is a sharepoint question I think but see what you need is change the column format, you could see more info here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/column-formatting

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

I don't agree that it's SharePoint.   I have the exact same workflow but with Nintex and the list is exactly the same.  The only difference is which tool is performing the function - Nintex vs. Power Automate.

It appears Nintex respects the decimal setting of the calculated field,  while Power Automate does not.   Changing the field type adds additional complexity to the Power App that field is used in and shouldn't be necessary.

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

The solution.   Using this formula - split(variables('NextNumber'), '.')[0]

PowerAutomateSplit.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,185)