cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Set end of Recurrence Flow

I have a Recurrence Flow that is set to run each Monday at 10 am. This is for a Wellness Program that we run for 12 weeks and staff need to submit their data each Monday. We use a Microsoft Team for this program so the Flow has one action of "Post a message (V3) (Preview)" and it works fine to post the reminder without anyone else needing to manually post the reminder.

However, there doesn't seem a way to set an end date to the Recurrence - so if I don't remember (or I am out of the office that last week), the Reminder will continue to be posted on that schedule.

Is there a way to set an end date to a Recurrence? This seems like a very common thing to want to do so I hope that I'm just missing this missing part.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

There is no way to have the flow automatically turn itself off without you going in an turning it off. However there is a workaround for your situation. If you set up a condition right after it starts, you can have it check the current date and if its before a certain date to continue on and if its not to do nothing. Here is some general date information. Feel free to take a look.

https://www.o365dude.com/2017/05/01/working-with-dates-times-in-microsoft-flow/

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

There is no way to have the flow automatically turn itself off without you going in an turning it off. However there is a workaround for your situation. If you set up a condition right after it starts, you can have it check the current date and if its before a certain date to continue on and if its not to do nothing. Here is some general date information. Feel free to take a look.

https://www.o365dude.com/2017/05/01/working-with-dates-times-in-microsoft-flow/

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

It's a shame that they don't have a built in way to end recurrence. This solution worked, but it is kind of insane that I had to add in multiple steps and a condition for something that should have been much easier. It works, but it's clunkyl.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,450)