Super User
Super User

Re: Set item level permission in list using Flow

Hi @vinhta,

Please take a look at this my reply.

jannerboy
Level: Powered On

Re: Set item level permission in list using Flow template

Can anybody give me a Microsoft flow template (static json, or exported zip from microsoft flow) to set item level permission, such as this solution http://sharepointgeekette.com/2018/07/item-level-permissions-with-microsoft-flow-using-sharepoint-gr....
I don't wanna use Plumsail SP
Craig_Debbo

Take a look at a recent solution at Ignite session on 'no-code' sharepoint (https://aka.ms/brk3080). The link is for the documentation for the no-code solutions (yes ironic you need documentation for no-code ...)

Anyways, in here they have concrete examples of HTTP calls to set/break inheritance/permissions on list items. This was a very good session. I don't remember the link to the actual video but all the powerapp/flow sessions are listed on one of the powerapps blog entries from last week.

jannerboy

HI,

Thx. I am workong continosoly with Microsoft Flow and logic apps in azure, and they are great tools.

I'v seen a lot of examplens in this topics, but i need a item levele permission template, because some people write this topics, but dos not have any template for this issue.
So, if anybody write an set item level permission workflow for sharepoint list, please, delete the variables and send to me the template .json, or zip format.

ck25415
Level 8

Hi,

Is it possible to remove existing permissions on the item and give a sharepoint group or AD group access to the item without using plumsail actions ?

Thanks

AlbertoSP

This functionality was available in SPD 2010 workflow.

Item level permissions are an essential business function, I hope MS listens to its clients and adds it back.

Carphunter
Level: Power Up

I've been watching these threads for a while now... am I right in believing they still haven't fixed this?

It's nonsense that a feature that existed in 2010 still hasn't been brought in to their latest iterations.

MRC1234

They need to get on this feature.  A lot of data is going to SharePoint list.  I have to give everyone permission to the list so they can write to it, but if they happen upon it, they can view all the entries in the list.  They either need to make this possible via Flow or need to create some type of one-way permission so people can write but not view the list if they go to the SP site

Highlighted
DaithiG

Is it still the case you can't change these permissions?

I'd love to be able to change a user's permission to a list item they created to "Create and Edit access: None" if the item has been approved. Seems it would go hand in hand with the approval system.

Mikele-

This was announced in July but I don't think it's been rolled out yet

Work with Permissions – you can grant access to an item or a folder in SharePoint to specific people, or, on the other hand, delete all links giving access to an item or a folder and remove all people with direct access except for owners.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/july-updates-for-microsoft-flow/

SynergyM

Uhh woah, you're a genius!  I'm pretty sure the new actions are "Stop sharing an item or a folder" and "Grant access to an item or a folder."

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 2.09.43 PM.png

Doesn't seem to work for me. I've got an isolated (permissions) SP list with this flow on it:
Annotation 2019-09-13 094106.png

The flow shows no errors, but no permissions are removed or added.

Anyone got any experience with using these commands?

C

SynergyM

I hardcoded all the values for a quick test and it did work.  I'll be digging in more later today or Monday.  I'll share if I have any struggles.

Flow:

Flow.png

Unmodified item:

Unmodified.png

Modified item:

Modified.png

SynergyM

Okay, I did run into an issue while I was building a Flow.  I found someone else who posted about it too.  Microsoft already knows about it.  Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.  Here's the thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/SharePoint-action-UnshareItem-forbidden-403/m-p/32...

MRC1234

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6cC65YwjSI

I used this from Chino Does stuff.  I'm using it on a Sharepoinst List.  Works great!

Does the 'Grant access to an item' step allow you to apply custom permissions? And how?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 76 members 3,449 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: