cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antonio1974
Regular Visitor

Set permissions using REST API

Hi,

I am new to Power Automate. I am currently rewriting some 2010 workflows to Power Automate that are using Virto actions.

One of this workflow is deleting all permissions and then setting permissions based on a condition to an item in document list. The permissions are assign to SharePoint groups. I need some guidance and help in how to do this using REST.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @antonio1974  this post is going to help you a lot.

https://sergeluca.wordpress.com/2018/05/03/assign-unique-permissions-to-a-document-with-the-new-send...

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @antonio1974  this post is going to help you a lot.

https://sergeluca.wordpress.com/2018/05/03/assign-unique-permissions-to-a-document-with-the-new-send...

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

Christian,

Thank you for your reply and for providing the URL.

Do you know if there is a way to set the permissions using a group name?

I found out some of the groups I need to set up permissions are active directory groups. Only three groups are SharePoint groups. The AD groups are in Azure AD. I can search for them in SharePoint but when I try to get the ID for the group they are not found.

Thank you again!

ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @antonio1974  you can follow this awesome post.

https://noellawlor.wordpress.com/2018/01/18/setting-sharepoint-item-list-permissions-with-flow/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (62,790)