cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChadVKealey
Level 10

Setting Reminder Date-Time in Create a task action

I'm trying to use the "When an email is flagged, create a task" Flow template. Unfortunately, out-of-the-box, this template creates a Task, but doesn't set a Due Date or Reminder. The action has fields to set those values, but I can't seem to find the right format for assigning them. For now, I'm mainly concerned with the Reminder Date-Time. This is what the Flow looks like: 

Set_Reminder_Time_00.png

I'd like to set the Reminder Date-Time to be 24 hours after the email is flagged. First I tried a variety of expressions using addDays or addHours to utcNow(), but kept getting an error that the time zone was required. Then, I decided to use a separate "Add to Time" action (which I've renamed as "Set Reminder Time"), thinking this would be an easier way to do it and also make tweaking the amount of time (or varying based on conditions like importance of the message) easier in the future. Looking at the output of a Flow run (below), it seems to be providing the value in the format that the Create a task action wants (YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssZ (UTC format)), but it still throws the same error:

{
  "error": {
    "code": "TimeZoneNotSupportedException",
    "message": "A valid TimeZone value must be specified. The following TimeZone value is not supported: ''."
  }
}

Set_Reminder_Time_01.png

So, can someone shed some light on what expression or combination of them I need to set a value in the appropriate format?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChadVKealey
Level 10

Re: Setting Reminder Date-Time in Create a task action

Actually, this appears to be a bug in that particular template (see https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/Bug-with-date-on-creating-task/td-p/19563). I built another Flow from scratch with the same components and it seems to be OK with that part of it. However, it complains about the Importance value.  I'm using the exact same data as the template (which works fine if you don't try to set a Reminder Date-Time), but get this message:

2018-12-20_14-12-13.png

I checked the run history of the Template and it's feeding the same thing (a numeric value) but working as expected.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @ChadVKealey

I have recreated in the same fassion you have and it may just be the case that you need to click "show more" to reveal "calculate time" property of "Add to time" that you have renamed "Set Reminder Time"

I have done this and can populate the Reminder date-time field as below.

Capture-214.png

There are other ways to achieve this but I like the way you have done it so give it a try and let me know how you have gotten on.

Please mark with thumbs up if you found this information helpful!
If this addresses your issue, please mark your post as Solved.

Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ChadVKealey
Level 10

That's what I was trying before. I just tried again, here's what I get:

screenshot-us.flow.microsoft.com-2018.12.20-12-33-27.png

Super User
Super User

Sounds like you’re not in a UTC time zone and will have to change utcnow() to suit your location. I’m not on a computer at present to work through this for you but more info on this link https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Converting-UTC-to-Location-Time/td-p/753...

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ChadVKealey
Level 10

Actually, this appears to be a bug in that particular template (see https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/Bug-with-date-on-creating-task/td-p/19563). I built another Flow from scratch with the same components and it seems to be OK with that part of it. However, it complains about the Importance value.  I'm using the exact same data as the template (which works fine if you don't try to set a Reminder Date-Time), but get this message:

2018-12-20_14-12-13.png

I checked the run history of the Template and it's feeding the same thing (a numeric value) but working as expected.

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Good find @ChadVKealey

Kudos and best mark your post as the solution.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ChadVKealey,

Have your problem be solved?  If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,685)