cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
metsshan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Setting 'Secure Input/Output' causing trigger inputs to disappear

I'm encountering an issue where I have an Instant Flow which I need to pass sensitive information to.

Steps to reproduce the error:

1. Create a trigger with one or more Inputs
  2. Mark the Trigger as either Secure Input, Secure Output, or both
  3. Save the flow
  4. Exit the flow
  5. Editing the flow again

Upon editing the flow again, all the Inputs are no longer visible:

metsshan_0-1653547555230.png

The Flow continues to work when I "Call Child Flow" from another Flow. However, I need to make changes to the Inputs and this is impossible(?) and definitely breaks the whole workflow.

After a bit of testing it seems I can retain the Inputs if you perform the actions differently:

1. Create a trigger with no inputs
  2. Mark as Secure Input/Output or both
  3. Add input fields

The Inputs are still visible if I exit and re-enter.

This seems to be a bug? I'm hoping this either helps someone or MS can pick it up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @metsshan ,

It is by design. When secure inputs/outputs being enabled, all the input parameters will be cleaned up from the trigger. So you need to add input parameters after enabling secure inputs/outputs just like what you have done for testing.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
metsshan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Mod/Admin please delete?

I realised I should have created this in "I Found A Bug": https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/Setting-Secure-Input-Output-causing-trigger-inputs... 

Hi @metsshan ,

It is by design. When secure inputs/outputs being enabled, all the input parameters will be cleaned up from the trigger. So you need to add input parameters after enabling secure inputs/outputs just like what you have done for testing.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hey @v-jefferni,

Thanks for confirming that!

Unfortunately, I think this is a poor user experience. I don't think it's consistent with how Secure Inputs/Outputs work with Actions, and I can't find anything in the documentation which really defines the behaviour for Secure Trigger inputs.

It must be common for people to be toggling Secure on/off during development, so losing access to your inputs is a big slow-down for iterating through the dev/test cycle.

Thank you for taking the time to let me know!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,672)