Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbenati
Advocate II
Advocate II

Setting the time portion of a datetime variable

All,

In my Flow (triggered from a PowerApp) I'm creating a SharePoint Calendar List item.  As part of the item I want the Start Time to be the passed in via the PowerApp StartDate whereby the time portion of the datetime is:  "00:00:00Z".  Similarly, I want the End Time to be the passed in via the PowerApp StartDate whereby the time portion of the datetime is:  "23:59:59Z".  This will create an "all-day" entry on the SharePoint calendar.  How do I make this happen?

Note:  keep in mind I don't know whether or not the PowerApp StartDate provided has any time associated with it.  It might be zeros and then again it might be some randon time of a day.

Example:

• PowerApp inputed StartDate is:  2018-01-24T12:00:34
  • I want the Create item Start Time field to be set to:  2018-01-24T00:00:00Z
  • I want the Create item End Time field to be set to:  2018-01-24T23:59:59Z

I've tried to do all sorts of string manipulation as well as applying datetime funcitons like addHours, addMinutes, and addSeconds.  Nothing seems to work.

HELP, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Looks like I finally cracked the code!  Here's what finally got it working...

TempString = addDays(triggerBody()?['Start_x0020_date'],variables('PRCount'))

StartDate = convertToUtc(variables('TempString'),variables('PST'))

TempString2 = concat(substring(variables('TempString'),0,indexOf(variables('TempString'),'T')),'T23:59:59')

EndDate = convertToUtc(variables('TempString2'),variables('PST'))

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 4.47.32 PM.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kelliprieto
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have experimented with custom date/time formats for different use cases, including all day events, but our applications of these features may be different.

I am not sure I follow exactly what you're trying to do - are you trying to add an all-day event to a SharePoint Calendar by manually triggering a Microsoft Flow? 

Could you share screenshots of your Flow?

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 3.54.42 PM.png

The date from the PowerApp is:  triggerBody()?['Start_x0020_date']

StartDate = 

convertToUtc(concat(addDays(triggerBody()?['Start_x0020_date'],variables('PRCount')),'T00:00:00Z'),variables('PST'),'yyyy-MM-dd:Thh:mm:ssZ')

EndDate = 
convertToUtc(concat(addDays(triggerBody()?['Start_x0020_date'],variables('PRCount')),'T23:59:59Z'),variables('PST'),'yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ssZ')

PRCount is originally set to zero and then incremented by 1 each time through the do...until loop until PRCount gets to the number of days of PTO requested.

Looks like I finally cracked the code!  Here's what finally got it working...

TempString = addDays(triggerBody()?['Start_x0020_date'],variables('PRCount'))

StartDate = convertToUtc(variables('TempString'),variables('PST'))

TempString2 = concat(substring(variables('TempString'),0,indexOf(variables('TempString'),'T')),'T23:59:59')

EndDate = convertToUtc(variables('TempString2'),variables('PST'))

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 4.47.32 PM.png

Nice! 

Usually, I receive error messages that require all day events to have start and end times that add up to 24 hours.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pbenati,

Have you solved your issue on your side?

You could also consider take a try to achieve your needs with the following workaround:

• Add a proper trigger, here I use Flow Button trigger.
  • Add a Variables-> "Initialize variable" action, Name set to StartDate, Type set to Sting and Value set to following formula:
2018-01-24T12:00:34

Note: I use the StartDate variable to instead of the PowerApps app inputed StartDate on my side.

• Add a Compose action, rename it as "Start Time", Inputs set to the following formula:
  • concat(substring(variables('StartDate'),0,indexOf(variables('StartDate'),'T')),'T00:00:00Z')
    Add a Compose 2 action, rename it as "End Time", Inputs set to following formula:
concat(substring(variables('StartDate'),0,indexOf(variables('StartDate'),'T')),'T23:59:59Z')

Image reference:15.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:16.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,313)