cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Setting trigger conidtions

Hi,

I have a trigger set to start from when a file is created in a folder as below :

Capture.PNG

The trigger is set against the a document library having the below columns. I would want to trigger the flow only when a review date is entered against a document. Can anyone advise what trigger condition is required to be written in the flow step above.

Capture1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think it's better to type in application in the search bar, it's easier to find the trigger as there're not so many results.

image.png

In your case you need to scroll down a bit.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II
Super User II

You can't use the 'When a file is created in a folder' trigger for that, that trigger doesn't contain any document properties = it doesn't know there's some 'Review date' in the file and what is its value.

Use the 'When a file is created (properties only)' trigger (you can select a Folder in that one as well), with a trigger condition 

@not(empty(triggerBody()?['ReviewDate']))

Hi @tom_riha 

The action has no trigger condition available should I put it under filter query ?

Capture.PNG

You can't just add another trigger to the existing flow, you need to create new flow with that trigger.

Hi @tom_riha 

How do I create a new flow with that trigger as I couldn't find that trigger to start a new flow creation ?

Capture.PNG

I think it's better to type in application in the search bar, it's easier to find the trigger as there're not so many results.

image.png

In your case you need to scroll down a bit.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,039)