cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mischa2710
Helper III
Helper III

Several Approver listed in Sharepoint List and everybody should receive the approval. Doesn´t work ... why but only the 1st receives the approval

Hello together,

your help is required.

I´ve created a sharepoint list with a column for email addresses. Herein more than 1 person can be entered. As soon as a new row has been entered the flow starts. And now comes the strange thing. Only the fist person receives an approval and the other one not.

Mischa2710_0-1618408146326.png

Mischa2710_1-1618408349586.png

Has anyone an idea?

Thanks,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Building out the string of approvers in the Apply to each 2 loop should use an append to variable, not a set variable.  If you use a set variable it will overwrite the previous approver and you'll end up with only the last approver. Since its supposed to be a semicolon delimited list you also need to add a semicolon after the approver's email when you append it to the variable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The way you've setup your flow you are processing each email in the column one at a time using the Apply to Each loop. When it sends out the approval to the first user it waits for that user to respond before proceeding.  If the first user replies to the approval it will then send an approval to the second.  Depending on what you are trying to do there are two options to fix this.

1) In the Apply to each settings turn on concurrency and set parallelism to 50.  this will send out individual approvals to all the users simultaneously.  But you will need to take special care how you process the responses.

image.png

2) Use the Apply to Each loop to build a semicolon delimited string of approver emails in a variable.  Then use that variable after you exit the loop as the input for the Approvers field in the Start and Wait for Approver action.

Thanks for helping. I tried option 1 and yes, now it sends 2 approvals. But the 2nd person has not the allowance to approve. Or is the reason that the systems checks, that I´m, as substitute, did a look in the inbox?

My idea is to build the same as Reza did. The only difference is that I would like to insert the mail address with help from sharepoint. Concerning my Approval Type, plese see below.

Mischa2710_0-1618413667153.png

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

What @RezaDorrani did in that video is essentially the same as #2.  He just pre-built the semicolon delimited string of emails in his SharePoint list and retrieved it from there.  In #2 I'm suggesting using a Loop to build out the email string using an Apply to Each loop.  That way you don't have to include the extra column in the SharePoint list.  But its essentially the same approach.

image.png

image.png

I´m going to do this on the weekend. I´ll keep you informed. Have a nice day.

Greetings from Munich

what shall I say, it didn´t work. I created a new flow and followed step by step the video of Reza. The only difference is that I didn´t do the action with "Get Item". In my eyes, there is no need for this, as I´ve my approvers directly in the list. I would really be thankful for any help.

Mischa2710_0-1618658017267.pngMischa2710_1-1618658051670.png

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Building out the string of approvers in the Apply to each 2 loop should use an append to variable, not a set variable.  If you use a set variable it will overwrite the previous approver and you'll end up with only the last approver. Since its supposed to be a semicolon delimited list you also need to add a semicolon after the approver's email when you append it to the variable.

View solution in original post

😁it works 😁 thank you very much. Stupid question, why do you know so much? 

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

An insatiable curiosity about how things work and a lifetime of trial and error.

😉Thanks again

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,167)