cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Share Power App based on when a Sharepoint item is created or modified

Hello,

I am looking to create a MS flow based on when a SharePoint item is created. Specifically the list has two fields

Team Name: Single line of Text

CF Groups: Person or Group field, which has multi select option (members of the team)

I want to share an app when an item is created or modified in this list. 

I found something similar to what I was trying to accomplish here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/PERMISSIONS-PowerApps-for-App-Makers-Remove-User-...

So I started with this:

2020-05-29 14_23_49-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png2020-05-29 14_24_26-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png2020-05-29 14_24_43-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png

It seem to work, but the email address shows up in the share screen, and they are added as a co-owner. How can I just set them up as user, and just have their display names show instead?

2020-05-29 14_29_30-Power Apps.png

BTW, I can't seem to remove them as a co-owner! I Cant seem to remove them as the co-owner from the share screen. Is there anyway to do this?

Also, How can I do the same thing and add them to an existing SharePoint group?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @imadorkous,

You could add the Role name in the put roleName field, set type in the Type field:

Annotation 2020-06-01 134947.jpg

And if you want to remove a user, put the user id into the delete id field, the id is a string of code, not email address or user name, you could get them by using Get App role assignment action:Annotation 2020-06-01 135317.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @imadorkous,

You could add the Role name in the put roleName field, set type in the Type field:

Annotation 2020-06-01 134947.jpg

And if you want to remove a user, put the user id into the delete id field, the id is a string of code, not email address or user name, you could get them by using Get App role assignment action:Annotation 2020-06-01 135317.jpg

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks @v-litu-msft , I will try this out.

When you say "add the Role name in the put roleName field", Are you saying add the Display name?

Also, what does it mean when the connector say Preview?:

2020-05-31 23_00_52-Power Apps.png

Hi @imadorkous,

Yes, it is the display name.

And the preview is a version that has not been officially released, it can be used normally, but there may be a small amount of potential bug.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,094)